Well my journey with Darren & Tasha started at the beginning of the summer in 2018. We were introduced by a co-worker who had too much on the go at the time to properly take care of them, so she asked if I would be interested in helping out. Of course I was and upon first meeting Tasha & Darren we got started looking for the perfect home for their family of 4.
With a limited selection of homes coming up in their portal, we spent a lot of the summer and into the fall looking at different possibilities, but none checked all of the boxes. The family was hoping not to have to move during the winter, so we put our search on hold when the snow started to fly. We kept their portal open to keep an eye on things just in case ‘the one’ popped up and sure enough a home that had everything they were looking for came on the market. We went to check it out that week, but the timing just was not right and even though it was a very cute home, it just was not the one that was meant to be.
It wasn’t until school was almost out for the girls when we started really looking again this year. There were a few homes that were popping up that seemed to be very promising but we consistently found a deal breaker in each. Doing everything we could to uncover every home, we kept searching.
I received a message asking about a home that has the for-sale sign put up for across from Tasha’s mom’s house. It was unfortunately out of our budget so we kept looking. Within a couple of days the home dropped down $20,000 and we made an appointment to view it that day. We knew we had to act fast because this home at that price was not lasting long and we were right. We had our offer in within a couple of hours, and unfortunately 2 other groups joined us. We tried our hardest but lost out to another family.
This loss felt extra heavy as the home was perfect for them. I assured them that if we didn’t have the best offer this house was just not meant to be and we would find an even better one. That week we looked at another few homes and started talking about what options we had moving forward.
A week after we had lost out on the offer we had made, I received a call from the listing agent. He had a gut feeling the buyers were not going to be able to satisfy their financing condition and if we were still interested the home would likely be hitting the market that evening.
I called Tasha and told her the great news and she was elated. I met with her and Darren that evening to re submit our offer and shortly after we got the best news, THEY ACCEPTED OUR OFFER. We went the next day for our home inspection. They were a little apprehensive on a couple of things we had noticed but by the end of the home inspection their minds were 100% put at ease and all that was left to do was to wait on our mortgage professional to give us the good word on our financing.
After being extra diligent in making sure everything was in order, we received the news that we had all been waiting for. Tasha and Darren had officially bought their first home. A huge weight was lifted and a short 11 days later they will be moving in to their perfect family home. I am beyond excited for them, this truly is the home we had been waiting for. It really was meant to be!
Welcome Home Tasha & Darren!
Theresa & Marcel
I was first introduced to Theresa in November 2018. I received a call from a relative who was going to be installing new windows on her home in the spring and was curious as to why, after the home was on the market for months at an extremely competitive price for the area, the home was not selling. I hoped on my computer and went to work. All of the comparable homes in the area were priced WAY higher and after spending some time, I had nothing, no clue why it was sitting. I was able to meet with Theresa later that day to get to the bottom of this and see if there was something I was missing or had overlooked. Still nothing. The home was on a busier corner and the yard was modest, but to be listed that far under the assessed value for that long was not making sense.
We decided the best thing for her and Marcel was to wait for the spring, so when we were able to sell their home, they would be able to make the move out to their cabin like they had been dreaming of. When spring arrived and the windows were in and looking amazing, it was time to get to business. Within the week we had the photos taken and we hit the market. We had a ton of showings and after being on the market for 3 weeks we had received our first offer! After a series of unfortunate events resulted in the people who wrote the offer to decide to walk away.
Making sure to keep Theresa and Marcel 100% informed on everything that was happening, all of the feedback from the showings and any new interest, we kept moving forward, kept up our strong team mentality and stayed positive. After many more showings, the couple that had originally made us an offer came back and decided that this home was exactly what their family was looking for. They re-wrote their offer with the only condition being financing. Theresa and Marcel were rightfully skeptical when I brought them the new offer, but after being able to talk it through we decided it was exactly what we needed to help them make the move out to the lake. Their financing condition was satisfied and Theresa and Marcel can finally pack up and enjoy the good life at the lake!
Welcome home Theresa & Marcel!